Our calling is to live into the kindom of God more fully by cultivating community, practicing hospitality, and publicly demonstrating and advancing God's peace.
We covenant together to:
- create a sacred space that is accessible and welcoming to everyone;
- work for justice in our community and in our world;
- express, in our living, a care for creation and a stewardship of all God’s resources;
- nurture our relationships with one another through our listening and our caring;
- grow in faith, learning and service.
Open & Affirming (ONA)
Our church has covenanted (made a sacred promise) to be "Open and Affirming," a designation which signifies our commitment to welcome and honor the participation, wisdom and leadership of people of all sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions in our spiritual community.
Want to learn more? Get to know our congregation.
our Wider Church
As a congregational church and part of the national United Church of Christ (UCC), we follow a "covenantal" tradition—there is no centralized authority or hierarchy that imposes any doctrine or form of worship on its members. We seek a balance between freedom of conscience and accountability to our tradition. The UCC receives the creeds and confessions of our ancestors as testimonies, but not tests of the faith.